jueves, 27 de noviembre de 2014

Broomstick



Group: 5th year of Primary school
Skills of English: Reading and writing.
Objectives:
To understand and comprehend an English story.
To develop the creativity.
To be able to write a little part of a story.
To use a correct grammar and spelling in the own writing.
To know one of the most popular stories in the UK.

Materials: Story: Room on the broom by Julia Donaldson and Axel Scheffler.

 * Take into account they will read the story, they will not listen to it. This is just a guide for teachers to know the story.

Activities:

1. Read the story carefully and answer the following questions:
1) What does the word room mean in this context?
2) Do you see any rhyming words in the book? Give examples.
3) Why the exclamation mark is used after some words?
4) Why do the animals help the witch?
5) Who would you say are the main characters and why?

2. Create a new ending from the page number 20 (from the minute 4:35 in the video). 
                                                







4 comentarios:

  1. Hello Marta!!

    I decided to comment this activity because with it students not only work on listening comprehension but also their creativity.
    Nowadays, in a society in which everything changes quickly, original ideas and creative people seems to be very important.
    In front of that, most of the exercises students do are very structured so they can not use their own thoughts, creativity and imagination.
    Congratulations!!
    Your partner,
    María García Tejero

    ResponderEliminar
  2. Hi Marta,
    This activity is great, but the best thing I like it, is the book you chose. I had been reading this book to the children a long time ago and is fantastic, the first reaction from children when you read it,is like "maybe the witch can go like...or with..." they really encourage their imagination.
    Thank you for sharing this activity.
    Edurne

    ResponderEliminar
  3. Hi Marta!
    Your activity is very interesting. Children like tales then they will be happy doing this activity and it´s a good job for their imagination and creativity.
    Good job!

    ResponderEliminar
  4. Hi! I love this book! Well I love all books from Julia Donaldson, and I really like the idea of using a tale as the basis of the activity because children love stories and they listen carefully therefore you will capture their attention and they will learn while they enjoy. I also really like the idea of creating an alternative ending to the story, so that it allows them to use their own imagination and also to practise their writing skills.

    ResponderEliminar