jueves, 27 de noviembre de 2014

Seasons




Group: 2nd year of Primary school
Skills of English: Vocabulary, writing.
Objectives:
To learn new vocabulary related to the seasons.
To write about a specific topic using a correct grammar.
To be able to tell about one’s taste.
 Respect other tastes.

Materials: scissors, glue, colour pens.

Activities:

Some days before this activity tell the students to bring some photos found either on magazines or on internet about the seasons of the year. This day, they will have brought those pictures and do the next activities on the worksheets:

1 – Cut out at least three pictures you have found and paste them on the corresponding sheet.
2 – Draw something you would wear in that season.
3 – From the list below, write down the words that belong to that season.
4 - Write what you like and you do not like of every season.

COLD                HOT                    SNOW                  RAIN                 SUN            

SUNGLASSES            HALLOWEEN             CHRISTMAS        EASTER           

BEACH               SKI               UMBRELLA                 BROWN LEAVES        

SWIMSUIT              SCARF                GLOVES                  FLIP FLOP            

BUTTERFLIES               HOLIDAYS           FLOWERS              SURF             





If you want to download the full activity click here

4 comentarios:

  1. Hi Marta!
    I have really enjoyed reading your blog. I think that you have created a nice blog to use it in my future as a teacher. Your ideas are fabulous. I like the one which is called excuses; it’s funny as well as interesting for practicing different skills. Finally, this activity (seasons) is very useful. In my personal case, I don't know why, whole my life I have had problems to remember seasons' names, so I think that this is quite good to do in our lessons, also for me :)
    Thank you for your fantastic blog!
    Naike.

    ResponderEliminar
  2. Hi Marta!

    Thanks for this blog and its activities, I think they all can be very useful for any teacher who wants to get original ideas to apply in the classroom! About this activity, I really like the idea of inviting students to take their pictures from home and paste them in the worksheet. As a suggestion, I would also encourage them to write a short sentence underneath the photo, describing the image that is shown on it (maybe you could use this idea to work some grammar structures like "there is/ there are..."). To make sure they know well all the vocabulary which they have to classify in the worksheets, maybe I'd do a previous activity of matching each word (for example "butterflies" with its corresponding picture). Thanks again for your contribution!

    ResponderEliminar
  3. Hello Marta! I really like you hole blog! I'm writting on this post because I have to choose one but all of them are really interesting.

    I think you reallly plan the activities very well, as I can see you work a lot with this task.

    Focus on this task I think kids will be motivating learning English. They will improve their knowledge with a useful item: Learning the seasons. They should draw the correct object in each season (Kids love it!) and relate the specific vocabulary in each season.

    I think your students will improve a lot! Good job teacher Marta!

    ResponderEliminar
  4. Hello,

    I like this activity very much, because I think that it is perfect to learn several aspects related to seasons. It can also be suitable to work with "LIKE" or "DISLIKE". Furthermore, giving children the opportunity to choose the photographs of each season can make them feel more motivated towards the learning of these contents; it is also a way to work on their creativity.

    Good job!

    Kind regards,

    Laura Solé Martínez

    ResponderEliminar