jueves, 27 de noviembre de 2014

The Ocean



Group: 2nd year of Primary school
Skills of English: Listening and comprehension. Vocabulary
Objectives:
To listen and comprehend an English speaker person telling a story.
To learn new vocabulary related to animals that live under the sea.
To observe how the words are written in English.

Materials: Colour pens, Story video: Commotion in the Ocean by Giles Andreae.

Activities:

1. Listen carefully the next story (played twice if needed):




What animals is the story talking about?


2. Solve the following puzzles:






3. Colour in these pictures:




If you want to download the full activity click here

5 comentarios:

  1. I think you did a great job creating different puzzles and other exercises related with the ocean animals. You are giving to students lots of different options to work, so they will enjoy this activity and not get borried with it.
    Maybe the level of the story is a bit high for children of second grade, because it says long sentences with vocabulary they still don't know. But it's easy to recognise the animals nouns and it has nice pictures.

    Congratulations!

    ResponderEliminar
  2. Congratulations on your blog !!
    I think you've done a great job, especially with the activity of the ocean that has created many different activities. Sure your students are learning so much fun.

    ResponderEliminar
  3. Hello Marta,

    I like your blog a lot. I will use some of your activities when I work as a teacher. Sure!

    I think that students who are in the second year of Primary School enjoy listening tales. This activity has the advantage that it can be heard and seen at the same time. They will love it because the tale is very colourful.

    Besides you include crosswords and other activities which will motivate children a lot.

    Well done Marta!

    Best regards from your classmate,

    María Eugenia

    ResponderEliminar
  4. Hi Marta,
    I agree with our partners. I like your blog quite a lot. I think your activities are very good and motivating for children. The entries are very clear and very well designed.
    I am sure children will enjoy doing the exercises and they will learn a lot at the same time they have a good time.
    Congratulations,
    Your classmate, Yolanda

    ResponderEliminar
  5. Your blog looks really nice with very atractive colours. You are using different ones to highlight different staffs. It very clear and is very easy to find the different task about your purpose. I can work different skills using your blog and also it can be very useful for teachers to have information about the purpose to achieve with the different tasks.
    Your classmate,
    Tamara

    ResponderEliminar